Book and Story Selections For the ReadathonJane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (Easton Press edition)
Royal Street - Suzanne Johnson (ebook)
Isaac Asimov - The Complete Short Stories
..Franchise, Gimmicks Three, Kid Stuff, The Watery Place, Living Space
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow - Jessica Day George
.... will update as I go!
And away we go! I am really excited about this event - but we'll see as 1AM rolls around LOL
Answers to the questions on the Dewey first blog post
- 1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Coming to you from Northwest Ohio, USA - most fertile farmland :)
- 2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? This is too tough to answer. OK, I'll try.. hmmmm... nope. They are all interesting to me!
- 3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I am planning on having pizza for lunch-ish, nummmm.
- 4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I have too many books (yeah right), well my LibraryThing catalog is sitting at 1195! and not all of them are in there. That does include some ebooks and many Library of America bind-ups which contain 3 or 4 books each eeghads! I am a computer programmer by trade. I do mostly business web applications for a healthcare organization. I like camping and LOVE campfires burning all day long. Yep sitting by the campfire reading. I am not too much of a gadget geek, but I do have a Sony eReader, Kindle and an HTC smart phone.
- 5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Just figuring out how all this works with the cheerleaders and all that's going on AND to see how long I can last! LOL
Setting up this blog post and starting Jane Eyre! (looks at clock - oops 8:35 already!)
I am lovin' Jane Eyre! The last hour and a half flew by and it is now 10:15AM. Takin' a break - having some tea and a strawberry pop-tart.
Still reading Jane Eyre. It is quite captivating although not a quick read for sure. I think I will switch to Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson. I am on Chapter 15 of that book. Then PIZZA for some lunch. Do you have lunch in a 24 hour day? More like meal time I guess.
Still reading Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson. I am on Chapter 23. The pizza has made me a little sleepy. Too stuffed. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Time to make some fresh tea.
Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson. I am on Chapter 29. Took about a 10 minute snooze which seems to help the with the sleepiness. I also did some mini-challenges! I do seem to be reading kinda slow - oh well, I am in no hurry.
Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson. Only 40 ebook pages to go. I am gonna finish this book!
WooHoo! finished Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson. I loved it - 4 solid stars! Gonna go pick out something to read next....
Read some short stories by Isaac Asimov. I am going to start Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George.
5 AM (posted Apr 22 @ 12:25 PM)
Well folks the Sandman came and took me away a little before 5AM so I made it through hour 20! The words were just going blah-blah-blah in my head and I knew I was a goner. This was a really fun day. October is the next read-a-thon to plan for!